Horizontal Pillow Bag Machine
Film feeding from the top
Advantages and functions of the horizontal pillow bag machine
The horizontal pillow bag machine offers a number of advantages. These include the lower space consumption in the production hall compared to conventional packaging devices. Added to this is the flexibility due to the good changeover capability. For quick adaptation to the product width, the guides can be manually adjusted with a crank drive. The packaging of shock-protected products with a tray is possible. The variety of product formats can place high demands on the packaging process for small batch sizes. The horizontal pillow bag machine enables packaging that is gentle on the product, as the product does not fall into the bag but is fed horizontally on a conveyor belt.
The horizontal pillow bag machine performs several basic functions and optional additional functions to wrap a product in film. The sequence is cycled. In each cycle, there is one processing step and one transportation step. The product to be packaged is fed on a conveyor belt to the processing unit for sealing. This processing unit can be preceded by a stacking unit in which a set number of products are counted, stacked and transported forward with the next cycle step. In the infeed of the sealing unit, the product is enclosed with the film. This is welded at the bottom of the bag with a longitudinal seam. The transverse seam is welded with simultaneous cutting of the film by a permanently heated welding stamp. The welding punch can be moved in rotation.
Depending on the design of the pillow bag machine, the film can be fed from above or below. By feeding the film from above, it is necessary to match the length of the product with the distance in which the film is formed into a tube. The product is pushed into the forming tube and, resting on the tube, is transported into the welding unit for the longitudinal seam. The tubular film is formed over a short distance with guides to bring it under the product. Feeding the film from below allows the sealing unit for the longitudinal seam to be positioned above the conveyor belt. The tubular film can be folded over a longer distance in the required manner.
Other machine types: Horizontal pillow bag machine - Film feeding from the bottom
Application examples: Medical and pharmaceutical industry, vegetables and fruits, technical products, pastries and frozen foods.
- steel frame or stainless steel construction
- product transport via gripper loading
- Teflon-coated sealing stamps, permanently heated
- simple touch screen operation via color symbols
- continuous product feed due to photocell control
- safety protection covers / emergency signal lamp
- 3-sideed seal seam packaging (fin seal)
- longitudinal sealing at the bottom of the bag
- rotating transverse sealing system
- combinable with our shrink tunnels
- customized modifications / designs upon request
Integrated Bag Production
The horizontal pillow bag machine integrates the formation of the bag into the packaging process. The tube is formed out of a film, which is unwound from a roll, by guides and welded into bags. The duration of the sealing process controls the cycle times. There are two sealing operations to consider: longitudinal seam sealing and transverse seam sealing. The aim is to produce a clean, tight, resilient seam with low consumption of packaging material. The sealing can be done with a seal seam to produce absolute resistance against water vapor, oxygen and microbiological influences. A sealable packaging material is a prerequisite for the production of a sealed seam. The material saved when producing a sealed seam with the horizontal form, fill and seal machine is required by the German Packaging Act (VerpackG). Saved material means saved transport, storage and disposal costs.
Counting, stacking and packaging of face masks can be well controlled with our horizontal pillow bag machine. The packaging of food products, such as bakery products, sausage and fruit, in plastic bags is also one of the standard applications. A shrink tunnel can be connected to effect the complete application of the film to the product surface. Products can be packaged over a wide range of sizes: Pita breads, stacked sausages weighing several kilograms and technical products such as screws, nuts and electronic parts. An integrated thermal transfer printer can be used to print the best-before date on the packaging of perishable products. The integration of a unit for generating a protective atmosphere enables the packaging of sensitive products.
Video recordings of our horizontal pillow bag machines in operation
Packaging of face masks with DEAHP-450
DEAHP-450 Packaging of face masks
Pillow Bag Machine (horizontal): Packaging of face masks
Variations of our horizontal pillow bag machines:
* It is not possible to combine all maximum dimensions
** The output quantities per minute are averages depending on film type, thickness, product dimension and machine handling
- Box-Motion for high-speed quantities
- thermal transfer printing (best-before dates)
- stainless steel design for the food secotor(IP 65)
- cooling applications for ice-cream packagings
- zig-zag-knifes, euro standard punches etc.
- automatic stop when there is no product (no product = no bag)
- application with shrink films (flow shrink)
- film guidance from below for light products (e.g. herbs, greeting cards)
- gas-injection units for a protective atmosphere (product shelf life extension)
- automatic product feed systems, slide-in systems (in cycles)
- perforation units for an easy opening (pull strip)
- length-independent product processing due to photocell scanning
- printer (e.g. for best-before dates)
- stainless steel construction
- transmission for automatic feeder
Our recommendations to this machine: